Thursday, 9 December 2010

Reverb update and some other stuff.

December sure is a busy month hey!! I don't go out to dinner much normally but in December we are sure making up for that. I went out to dinner with the Canteen committee on Sunday night, with the scrapbooking ladies on Tuesday night, next Tuesday with work and the week after that with the members from work. Good thing I like food ;) I have to confess that Tuesday was the first time ever that I had a green curry. I've had plenty of different kinds of curry but never a green one, always thought that they would be extremely hot for some reason. The one I had on Tuesday was with seafood, we had it at Thai herb at Gungahlin and it was fantastic!!! So tonight I made my own version of a seafood green curry with ling and prawns. Was delicious!!

Did you see the new scrapbook creations?? They just send me my copy (thank you SC!!!) and it was so lovely to see my lay out in the sketch challenge and the one of Lucy in the quick grabs. A full page for both of them :) Going to get another copy to send to my mum so she can enjoy it too.

I'm up to date with my December daily, had a bit of a scrap session last night as I had been so busy, but am up till Wednesday so far. Going to scan them tonight so you can have a look too.

Onto reverb 10. I'm up to day 4.
Prompt: Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year?
HHmmm. I've started to grow vegies again this year. I already had a little bit of a vegie patch behind the house but we built another one and got the community plot as well. I just love growing seeds and watching them turn into yummy vegies. It's such a good feeling to harvest your own vegies and enjoy them. Yes, I think that is it for me, that's how I created a sense of wonder.
Day 5.
Prompt: Let Go. What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why?
This year I have been really making an effort of reducing my anxiety. I never really talked about it or did anything about it but this year I have been to my GP, talked to a psychologist and am talking to friends about it. It's funny though, once you start talking about it you realise that so many people have anxiety or depression. And not just people further away from you but people really close by. I knew theoretically that many many people deal with a mental health issue, I see it in my work all the time of course but it's always a bit different in your personal life isn't it. People don't really talk about it unless it's in a professional setting (like at my work). i think it's a shame that people don't talk about it more and get it more in the open as we can all help each other, but I also know that it's not always easy to talk about and to "admit" that there is a problem. I'm glad i did though. If people have a problem with it, then so be it, I think that it's important to talk about it and to deal with it. Moving forwards!!!
Day 6
Prompt: Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?
I made a frame for a workshop at Scrapboutique. you can find it in the forum there and I will share it here soon too. Materials were wooden frame, papers, paint, embellishments and photos. Might make some more as they are fun to make!!
I would love love love to do more mixed Media... to learn how to do it...to get immersed in that... I'm so looking forward to that but am also a bit scared... weird i know...
Day 7.
Prompt: Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011?
I have enjoyed the online community for quite some time, love following people's blogs etc. The one community I want to get deeper involved in next year is that of my close friends right here, in my town. Spend more time with my family and "real life" friends!!!!

Day 8.
Prompt: Beautifully different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different - you'll find they're what make you beautiful.
OMG that is hard!!!!! I know I can make people light up at work by being happy, caring and to interact with them. Wow, this is a very hard question!!!! The only thing I can think about is that I can listen well (yes?) and I can be funny (Yes?). You might need to help me out with this one... too hard!!!

Wow, hope that wasn't too much or boring for you!!!

Some more light hearted Daily December soon ;)

Ice cream is calling me...

2 comments:

Dale Tiernan said...

I love going out to dinner too. Try Thai green chicken curry and rice. It is delicious. Easy to make at home as well. We all love it.
Congrats on SC publication.

Anonymous said...

I like the helpful information you supply in your articles.
I'll bookmark your blog and test once more here regularly.
I am fairly certain I will be informed many new stuff proper here!
Best of luck for the next!

My webpage - teespring yahoo